- 2 Person teams
- 9 hole, total handicapped score, Scramble Stroke competition
- Each team will receive 15 minutes of Driving range time prior to the 9 hole competition.
Tee times for league play
- League play will happen on Mondays at 7:30 pm each week
- Driving ranges will be available for 15 minutes at 7:00 to allow for warm up. At 7:15 courses will be set and ready for play at 7:30.
- You may bring your own clubs or use the house clubs. Golf balls will be provided or you may use your own.
- No cleats may be worn while using the simulator.
- No food or drink in the hitting area.
- Only hit from the designated hitting area.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to play.
- Handicapping will be on the honor system.
- League Administer reserves the right to adjust handicaps throughout the season.
- Total Handicaps will then be posted at 20% of total (example: we will take the average of both players on the team and then take 20%, Bill has a 10 handicap and Jim has an 18 handicap, the average is 14 and they would be given a 2.8 handicap on the final score)
- (1) 9 hole round will be scheduled each week.
- Each week you will play the best 9 holes from a different Famous golf course. All players for that week will play the same course and the same holes.
- Teams can play 1 round ahead. Example: Gregory’s team needs to go out of town and will not have access to an PLA Sports Bar for the next week. He could play the round before he leaves to stay current. He could not miss those round and make it up after the round is closed.
- You are required to write your score down on a score card. You will receive the score card prior to game play.
- At the end of the round, BEFORE YOU LEAVE, ask league host to come over and check your scores on the computer with what you have written down.
- Once approved, you will be required to sign the card and have the league host sign below.
No Mulligans will be permitted at any time
- However, if the system has an error, please report to the staff member and they will set a mulligan for you.
- We will play with a gimme putt inside 6 ft, we will play with morning partly cloudy skies with no wind, moderate hardness on greens with medium speed along with moderate hardness of the fairways
- We will play a 2 man scramble format from the blue tee for men and the red tees for ladies
- No boost percentages will be allowed at any time.
- All shots must be played from the proper mat.
- USGA rules of golf practiced were applicable.
Things to be aware of
- Please be aware that movement near the tracks while the simulator is prepared to register a shot can cause a false shot. Mulligans are not allowed during play. In the event that you accidently register a shot you must contact your facility management immediately.
- In order to uphold the fairness of the league, this will be left to the discretion of league administrators.
- To prevent this from happening, please be prompt in retrieving your ball or pick the ball up with your hand when going to retrieve it instead of dragging the ball back across the tracks with a putter.
- There will be one playoff round week 9.
- The format of the playoff round will be Total Net in the scramble format.
- Playoff course will be drawn out of a hat from a selection of courses not selected for league play.
- Top 4 teams will advance to the playoff/finals round.
- All teams will play the selected course and have handicaps figured in
- Teams will not be going head to head versus an opponent, but will be against all 3 other teams.
- Lowest net score of team after handicap will be the champion.
- If after 9 holes 2 or more teams are tied we will go to a sudden death playoff beginning back on the first hole played. Sudden death playoff will be played immediately after playoff / final round. After each hole if one team does not match the low net score of the other team they will be eliminated until only 1 team remains. That team will be named league champs.
- Prize pool will vary depending on the size of the league.
- Weekly prizes for longest drive, closest to the pin and weekly lowest handicapped score.
- Hole in One prize $500 gift certificate
- Final prizes will be figured after final league fees are determined by PLA Sports Bar.
League rules are subject to change and final decision is up to PLA Sport Bar.